We love our pets, but sometimes the “presents” they leave us are not so lovable. From dirty paws, to accidents on the floors, pets can wreak havoc on carpeting. We can help! We offer urine and odor removal services designed for any situation.
Urine in carpeting is a severe problem that often requires major restoration work, not just simple cleaning and treating. Because dogs and cats don’t sweat, their urine contains alkaline salts which absorb moisture out of the air. As the urine dries, the liquid evaporates and these crystals become even more concentrated and pungent, becoming a feeding ground for bacteria.
It’s Not Just The Surface
Urine deposited on carpet does not stay on the surface; it penetrates the fibers and contaminates both the backing of the carpet and the flooring material below the carpet. Often, without your knowing, pets will urinate continually in the same general location. Urine odors can permeate from the floor, be it cement or wood, from the tack strip, and even from the framework of the house behind the walls. Simple cleaning will not remove this odor. We offer urine and odor removal services designed for any situation.
Urine & Odor Removal Steps
The first 3 steps are included at no additional charge in our Gold and Chief carpet cleaning packages. This level only treats the surface and may not remove all of the odor or stains. Heavily soiled areas may require additional treatments. The additional price of these treatments will depend on the severity of the damage.
- Inspection. The source and severity of the odor are determined.
- Application of enzyme. The carpet will be treated with our special enzyme treatment to neutralize urine and aid in removal of the stain and odor. Heavily stained areas may be more heavily saturated and extracted to reach the padding.
- Deep steam extraction. The carpet will be rinsed and extracted with our exclusive hot water extraction method to remove the bulk of the urine crystals and the pre-treatment agent. *If the first three steps do not remove the staining or odor, or the problem is severe, more extreme measures may be taken. This level of service is labor intensive and would include cleaning and sealing the sub floor, and replacing the carpeting and padding. Our office can assist you with more information and pricing.
Guaranteed Odor Control Service
Heavily urine stained carpets often require replacement of the carpet and padding, cleaning of the subfloor, followed by sealing of the subfloor to prevent stains and odors from permeating.
- Inspect padding and subfloor. The carpet is pulled back in the suspected areas to reveal the extent of the damage.
- Carpet and pad removal. Carpet padding pad will be removed and discarded. In some cases, the carpeting may be salvageable.
- Seal subfloor. Over time, urine can wick up from the sub floor, damaging the new carpet and pad. An odor blocking shellac is applied to affected areas which may include the sub-floor, tack strips, carpet backing, baseboards, and walls.